The CHC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit healthcare facility that provides excellent and affordable medical care consistent with the needs of the Amish, Mennonite, and other rural northeastern Indiana communities. The CHC serves children with special healthcare needs and their families. We embrace, incorporate, and promote participation in research to advance medical knowledge and improve care.
The mission of the Community Health Clinic is to provide excellent and affordable medical care consistent with the needs of the Amish, Mennonite and other rural northern Indiana communities, with a focus on individuals and families with special healthcare needs. The CHC embraces, incorporates and promotes participation in research to advance medical knowledge and improve care.
- Service: CHC staff advocate for compassionate care based upon need.
- Community Governance: We believe that a strong partnership between care providers and the community is integral to our mission’s success.
- Responsibility: All research is conducted with community oversight and ultimately benefits the local community and the wider world.
- Integrity: Cost transparency and appropriate, effective resource utilization makes the CHC a financially sound nonprofit patients and payors can trust.
- Provide quality affordable community-based medical care consistent with community values
- Improve access to care for children with special health care needs
- Integrate research programs to advance medical knowledge and care in the Amish/Mennonite communities and throughout the world
- Serve as a training and education resource for health care professionals
- Make available affordable medications and herbal therapies
- Identify and prevent disease
- Educate and support the community
- Ensure program growth and development is responsive to community needs